There are two types of facilities management services, soft and hard facilities management. Both services are vital to running your business’s operations effectively, though they differ in many ways.
The core difference between soft and hard facilities management is that hard services are not negotiable. In contrast, soft services depend on budgetary and environmental factors, such as your business’s size, location, and stature.
Facilities Management Overview
For companies to remain operational, they need to run smoothly, cost-effectively, and efficiently. Also, they have to ensure their employees’ safety by adhering to all the regulatory requirements. If you put all these together, you’ll see that a company requires the services of both the facilities manager and facility management software.
A facilities manager must list, assign, and supervise both soft and hard maintenance tasks to optimize the company’s tangible assets. On the other hand, facility management software is a web-based tool that enables organizations to sort, organize, and manage soft and hard facilities management services.
Soft Facilities Management
These are people-intensive services. In other words, soft facilities management services are put in place to ensure the wellbeing and security of employees and clients at the workplace. Their goal is to make the workplace better by providing an efficient, enjoyable, and pleasant environment.
These services aren’t required by law, and whether they’re necessary or not depends on the business and the employees’ requirements.
Types of Soft FM Services
There are several types of soft FM services, but the most common types include;
- Waste management
- Janitorial services
- Parking spaces
- Pest control
- Building security
- Cleaning services
- Mail management
- Grounds maintenance
Advantages of the Soft FM Services
- They protect both the internal and the surrounding environment. Waste management, for instance, minimizes environmental pollution.
- Protect the business and employees from external interference thanks to building security.
- Internal décor makes your business visually appealing.
- Some of these soft services can boost your employees’ productivity.
Hard Facilities Management
These are services that relate to the physical facilities, such as preventive maintenance and HVAC. They’re assets that no one can remove from the building, required by law. In other words, these services are non-negotiable.
Hard services ensure the welfare, health, and safety of employees and stakeholders.
Types of Hard FM Services
Common hard FM services include;
- HVAC maintenance services
- Fire safety systems
- Heating services
- Building maintenance services
- Gas services
Benefits of Hard Services
- Performing preventive maintenance in your organization can help prevent accidents before they can happen. This will help your business increase asset reliability and availability.
- Hard services help minimize repair and maintenance costs since you’ll be resolving problems before your assets fail and stop working unexpectedly.
- Compliance with the government’s laws and regulations will keep you away from problems with the authorities since these hard services are non-negotiable. Overall, it saves you money from unnecessary fines and penalties.
- Hard services also reduce workplace-related accidents greatly. The goal of hard services is to ensure the safety of employees at the workplace. This means that there will be no loss of productive hours as a result of workplace accidents.
Make Your Work Easier With Facilities Management Software
Both soft and hard facilities management services are critical to keeping a business running smoothly and effectively. However, managing all these services can be challenging.
Fortunately, at Trillium, our team of experts and powerful facilities maintenance software can help you simplify your facilities management process, track and submit facility maintenance work orders. Try a free demo today and make your work easier.